Yamaha Piano Bench Lead Poisoning Lawsuit – Recall Attorney
According to the Consumer product safety commission (CRPC) grand piano benches produced by Yahama have been recalled because they contain excessive levels of lead. There have been over 900 of these benched sold across the United States. The models involved include I PM / PAW sold with one model of Yamaha grand piano GB1K PM / PAW. The benches are brown in color, have a leather padding, and an interior compartment.
Defective Product Lawsuit – Winning Your Case in the Court of Law
Generally product liability claim can be asserted in three ways.
- Defect in the original design of the product.
- Defect in the products manufacturing process.
- Defect in labeling – failure to warn consumers of potential harm associated with the product.
Steps to Take if you suspect excessive lead poisoning due to due defective furniture
There are several important steps that should be taken if you suspect the presence of dangerous lead levels in your furniture.
- Have the furniture tested by an expert.
- Seek medical attention and get a blood test for lead poisoning.
- Remove the furniture so that individuals will not be exposed to the toxic substance.
- DO NOT have the furniture manufacturing company remove the furniture. It may be needed in the future for any claims against them.
- Keep any purchase receipts.
- DO NOT speak with any insurance adjusters or company officials regarding the issue. Any comments made to them can be used against you.
- Speak with an experienced defective product attorney regarding your case.
Recovery Available for Victims of Lead Poisoning
Individuals who have been exposed to lead and have suffered lead poisoning due to a defective product are entitled to compensation for all damages they have suffered. The average case value or settlement of a lead poisoning claim is predicated on several significant factors including the following.
- The severity and extent of the lead poisoning.
- The age of the individual exposes.
- Current and future medical and rehabilitation costs associated with the treatment of the lead poisoning.
- Loss of income and future earning capacity due to the lead poisoning.
- Level of emotional harm suffered by the victim.
- Whether punitive damages are available: The purpose of punitive damages is to place a financial burden so that the defendant will refrain from partaking in similarly dangerous activities in the future.
Attorney Consultation Available: If you have any further legal questions or if you wish to pursue a legal poisoning claim please contact our law offices. All consultations are provided by our attorneys free of charge.