Steps To Take After Accident With Uber Lyft or as an Injured Passenger
Auto accidents can be devastating, resulting in serious bodily injury, emotional distress and loss of income. One of the most common questions asked by individual who contact our law offices revolved around what they need to do following an accident. So our law firm has compiled a step by step guideline bellow.
Legal Help Available: If you have any further legal questions feel free to get in touch with us. Our offices are always open and all consultations are provided free of charge.
Steps To Follow Following an Accident Involving an Uber or Lyft Vehicle or as an Injured Passenger
1. Contact the Police Department: Ask them to come to the location and file a Traffic Accident Report or TCR.
2. If injured seek medical attention immediately – contact the paramedics for safe transportation to the Emergency Room.
3. If possible take pictures of the accident location and the damage to the vehicle.
4. Take down the information of all parties involved in the accident including their drivers license number, insurance information and registration.
5. If there are any witnesses ask for their personal information including names and numbers.
6. DO NOT speak with any insurance adjusters or agents of insurance companies regarding the accident. Any words and statements made by you or on your behalf can and will be used against you to lower or eliminate your right to recovery under the law.
7. Contact a personal injury attorney with experience in claims against common carriers including taxicabs, Uber, and public transportation vehicles.