Resistance Band Injury Attorney – Defect Lawsuit and Recall Info
Latest Update: Bollinger Fitness and the Consumer Product Safety Commission have issued a recall of over 60,000 resistances bands. According to the recall information the door anchor ball can release resulting in significant injuries to the user.
The use of resistance bands as an exercise tool have expanded over the past decade resulting in a significant increase in injuries resulting from defectively produced and manufactured products that have streamed into the market in order to meet the growing demand. The greatest risk of injury from these products is that the band can break or release from its anchor resulting in the sudden release and snapping back at the user. According to the most recent estimates every year hundreds of individuals suffered injuries resulting from defects associated with the use of defective resistance bands.
Common Injuries: Some for the most frequent injuries caused by resistance workout bands are as follows…
- Traumatic brain injury
- Facial fractures
- Dental damage
- Broken noses
- Ocular injuries including loss of vision
- Back injuries including bulging and fractures discs
- Nerve damage including bell’s palsy
- Cuts and lacerations to the face and body
- Scarring and disfigurement
Steps to Take If you Have Suffered Injuries From a Fitness band Accident
There are several important steps that should be taken following an injury cause by a unsafe or recalled product.
1. Seek medical attention as soon as possible. A documentation of your injuries as soon as possible following the incident will allow a victim to seek maximum recovery in a case.
2. Preserve the evidence as is – do not attempt to fix the broke item.
3. Do not attempt to return the item or replace the item. The actual evidence is needed to pursue litigation against the manufacturer of the exercise equipment.
4. Do not speak with representatives of the manufacturer. Any words and statements made to them can be used to against you in the court of law.
5. Contact a defective product attorney..
Recovery Available for Victims of Defective Resistance Bands – Value of Your Cases
The overall value of a personal injury lawsuit is dependent on several significant factors unique in every case. Several important factors in determining case value include the following…
- Severity and magnitude of the harm suffered.
- Requirement for long term medical and rehabilitation care.
- Economic damages sustained – including loss of wages and future.
- Non-economic damages – including pain and suffering and mental angush.
Legal Consultation Available: If you have any further questions regarding your ride to pursue compensation for injuries suffered due to the use of a resistance band feel free to contact our law firm. All legal consultations are provided by our legal team free of charge.