Propane Tank Explosions: Attorney for Burn Injury Lawsuits
According to statistics more than 30,000 individual in the United States suffer some type of harm due to an exploding propane tank. Injuries can range from minor 1st degree burns to severe scorching of the body resulting in long term hospitalizations, skin grafting and other needed cosmetic surgeries. Victims of burn injuries cause by barbeque propane tanks or other propane tanks are entitled to compensation from all at fault parties which may include manufacturers of the tank, manufacturers of the grill and barbeques, property owners and owners of rented BBQ’s and propane tanks for improper maintenance and or installation. If you or a loved one have suffered harm due to a propane tank explosion and have any legal questions please feel free to contact our law offices.
Propane Tank Explosions Caused a Defect in the Product – Product Liability Cause of Action
In many instances manufacturers of propane tanks and barbeques can be held liable for any injuries or property damage resulting from an explosion or fire. Generally there are three ways in which a defect in a product can be proven in the court of law…
1. Defect in the product original design of the product: This can take place when at the time of production there exists a similar design that is similar in cost to implement into production but poses a significantly lower risk of harm to the consumer.
2. Defect in the manufacturing process of the product: When the produced item is markedly different than then original design of the item and poses a significantly higher risk of harm to the end user.
3. Labeling defect: Failure to properly warn consumers of harms linked to the common use of the product.
Propane Tank Explosion Caused by Faulty Maintenance – Premises Liability Cause of Action
Generally properly owners owe invitees who are persons who enter a property for a commercial purpose and licensees who are persons who are allowed entry into a property bus not for a commercial purpose a heightened duty of care. Property owners must take steps to ensure the health and safety of such individuals including either fixing problems known to pose a risk or properly warning such individuals of the heightened level of risk.
Statute of Limitations – Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit Against Propane Tank Manufacturers: A statute of limitations is the time period an injured party has to file a personal injury claim in the court of law. Failure to file a claim within the statutorily allocated time will result in the elimination of a victims right to recovery. For example in the state of California personal injury lawsuits include those against corporate entities who have manufactured and sold defectively designed products is TWO years from the date of the injury.
Propane Tank Explosions in the Workplace – Workers Comp Lawsuits
Workman’s compensation is a state mandated insurance program whereby individuals who have been injured in the workplace are able to receive compensation for their injuries. Under California workplace injury compensation laws victims are able to receive compensation for replacement of income due to misses work, compensation for all medical expenses that have incurred, and all rehabilitation costs which can include job training, job replacement and so forth.
Recovery for Individuals Injures By a Defective Propane Tanks Explosions
Victims of severe harm due to the a defective product or the negligent actions of others are entitled to financial recuperation for all harms and damaged suffered. A calculation of the amount of recovery possible in such cases will be dependent in several significant factors some of which are briefly explained below…
1. The severity and extent of the injuries suffered.
2. Current and future medical and rehabilitation expenses required to treat such injuries.
3. Economic damages which have been sustained – this can include such things as property damage, los work hours, loss of wages, and expected loss or reduction of income capacity based on long term or permanent injuries which have been suffered.
4. Non-economic damages sustained – emotional trauma, mental anguish, pain and suffering.
5. Availability of punitive damages in the case – punitive damages are designed to place such a burden in the at fault party so as to alter any future harmful conduct on their part.
Contacting an Attorney: Individuals who have suffered injuries due to the wrongful or intentional acts of others are able to speak with our attorneys free of charge. In fact all legal consultations