Gree Reannounces Dehumidifier Class Action Lawsuit information
The attorneys and the Normandie Law Firm are currently investigating possible class action and single party claims against manufacturers and distributors of the Gree Reannounces Dehumidifier. According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission the product has resulted in at least 450 fires amounting to more than $19 million dollars in damages.
Attorney Consultation: If you or a loved one has suffered any burn injuries or damage to property and have any legal questions feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations and case reviews are provide for our office free of charge.
Establishing Liability – Wining a Defective Product Claim in the Court of Law
Generally there are three ways in which you can establish a defect in a product.
- Defect in design: Where there is a similar design with the same level of efficacy which poses a significantly reduced risk of harm to a fellow consumer.
- Defect in manufacturing: Where the product is significantly different than is original concept and design and as a result is significantly more dangerous.
- Defect in labeling – failure to properly warn consumers of any know dangers associated with the use of the product.
Device Malfunction: According to the CPSC the dehumidifier “can overheat, smoke and catch fire, posing serious fire and burn hazards to consumers.” There are several steps you need to take in order to protect your legal rights.
- Step One: If injured seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Step Two: Gather all evidence – including taking pictures of the damage, receipt of the purchase.
- Ste Three: DO NOT give the product back to the store or manufacturer. The product should be in your possession until the product liability claim has been resolved.
- Step Four: Contact an attorney. Legal representation can help you or an injured loved one get the compensation you deserve.
Compensation Available for Victims: Claimants have a right to compensation for all damages suffered. This includes the following.
- All current and future medical and rehabilitation costs.
- Loss of income and future loss of earnings.
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress.
- Property damage and loss of property compensation.
Attorney Consultation Available: Feel free to contact us if you have any further legal questions. All consultations are free of charge.