Every year more than three million individuals suffer from some type of workplace injury while 4,500 workers are killed in employment related accidents. Employees who suffer harm at work due to the negligent or wrongful actions of others are entitled to full and just compensation for all harms suffered.
Workplace Injury Law Firm: Our law firm is dedicated to providing expert legal representation for clients who have suffered serious injuries due to unsafe work conditions or acts of violence and bullying in the workplace. If you have any legal questions and would like to speak with one of our attorneys feel free to contact our law offices toll free (800)790-5422
Types of Workplace Accident and Incidents Resulting in Injury to Employees
1. Industrial accidents due to defective machinery and tools or improper maintenance.
2. Construction site accidents including crane accidents and falling objects.
3. Workplace exposure to dangerous chemicals and byproduct including asbestos, benzene, and other carcinogens often resulting in cancers including mesothelioma.
4. Acts of violence in the workplace including assault and battery including the use of firearms.
5. Workplace motor vehicle accident including trucking accidents.
6. Slip and fall accidents and falling from high places.
Other significant injuries which can take place due to an improper work environment and OSHA violations include, burn injuries and chemical burns from improper installation of equipment, defective farming equipment, punch press vertical lathe machine and cotton gin accidents, neddlestick injuries in medical facilities and hospitals, and electrocutions.
Common Injuries: There are numerous injuries which can take place due to workplace accidents. Some of the most common include:
Filing a Workplace Injury Lawsuit – What Is Needed to Prove Your Case in the Court of Law: There are several differing causes of action which can be used to proved a workplace accident or injury case in the court of law.
1. Negligence Base Lawsuits – Usually against the employment for improper workplace environment. The elements that need to be proven in a negligence based lawsuit include (a) Duty owed to another (b) Breach of Duty (c) Breach of duty resulting in the accident (d) Accident resulting in significant injury to the plaintiff.
2. Product Liability – or Defective Product Lawsuits – There are three separate causes of action here. (a) Defect in the original design of the product (b) Defect in the manufacturing process of the industrial equipment (c) Defect in labeling – also known as failure to warn or provide caution as to dangers associated with the use of the product.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Workplace Injury Lawsuit: Every civil case including personal injury lawsuit must be filed within a certain time frame established by law. Failure to file a claim within the statutorily allotted time period will eliminate your right to recovery under the law. In the state of California the statute of limitations for filing a workplace injury lawsuit is usually TWO YEARS from the date of the accident.
Compensation Available for Victims of Workplace Accidents
Victims of workplace injury may be entitled to not only workers compensation benefits but also recovery for the following:
Cost of Hiring Legal Representation: All our work accident attorneys works on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients do not have to pay out of pocket for any legal expenses incurred. Fees for legal representation will only take place one there is a suitable settlement offer or jury verdict in your case.
Attorney Consultation: There is no cost to speak with our lawyers. All legal consultations are confidential and free of charge. If you have any further legal questions feel free to contact our law offces toll fee (800)790-5422.