Top Ten Causes of Uber / Lyft and Rideshare Accidents
The rapid growth in the use rideshares has resulted in an upsurge in accidents involving Lyft and Uber drivers. Our law firm has successfully settled numerous cases for passengers, drivers and pedestrians who were involved in rideshares vehicle accidents. We have compiled a list of some of the most common causes of auto accidents involving rideshare vehicle.
Top Ten Causes of Rideshare Accidents:
- Inattentive drivers: Because of passengers in their vehicles drivers of rideshares are often distracted while driving. This results in a heightened level of risk to passengers.
- Speeding while driving: Rideshare drivers are considered common carriers. Similar to bus drivers and train conductors they have heightened duty of care while driving passengers.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of a narcotic substance.
- Driver Fatigue- Driving While Drowsy: Rideshare driver often drive for many hours using several different accounts. It have been estimated that driver fatigue is as dangerous as driving while under the influence of an intoxicating substance.
- Failure to property maintain vehicle: This can include failure in the breaking system, airbag failure, tire blowouts, steering issues which can expose individual passengers to a heightened risk of harm.
- Running Stop Sings and Red Lights.
- Unsafe Lane Change.
- Tailgating: Driving too close to the vehicle in front of your is the primary factor for most rear end auto accidents in the United States.
- Acts of nature: High winds, torrential rain, ice and sleet can result in accidents.
- Road Rage: According to statistics incidents of road rage result in thousands of accidents each year.
Further Information: If you have any further legal questions regarding rideshare accidents feel free to contact our offices. All consultation with our attorneys is free of charge.