Every year thousands of students suffer serious injuries in public and private schools across the State of California. Victims of injuries due to the negligent, wrongful and intentional conduct of school employees are entitled compensation from all liable parties. Our attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of minors who have suffered serious harm in private and public schools.
Free Attorney Consultation: All consultation are providd free of charge for all individuals who have suffered injuries due to the wrongful acts of others. Feel free to contact our law firm toll free (800)790-5422
Common Accidents and Injuries to Students:
Some of the most common injuries and types of accidents which commonly take place in schools include the following…
• Trauma sustained to the head resulting in brain injury
• Spinal cord injury
• Severe emotional trauma caused by improper sexual conduct
• Rape and sexual molestation
• Post traumatic stress – PTSD
• Facial lacerations and scarring
• Toxic chemical poisoning – including lead poisoning, benzene exposure, and toxic mold
• Bullying resulting in suicide
School Bus Accidents And District Liability:
Every year hundreds of California students suffer harm in school bus related collisions. Districts are responsible for the actions of all their employees including the negligent conduct of school bus operators resulting in traffic accidents. Under California motor vehicle laws school bus accidents must be investigated by the CHP -California Highway Patrol.
Victims Right to Compensation For Accidents and Injuries:
Students who have suffered serious physical or mental injuries due to the negligent, wrongful or intentional acts of administrators are entitled to full and just compensation under the law. The level of compensation available for victims is dependent on several significant factors.
1. The level of harm suffered – severity of the injury can be shown by way of medical expenses, current and future need for rehabilitation care.
2. Mental Anguish – Including pain and suffering due injuries suffered as well as psychological complication such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, and thoughts of suicide.
3. Availability for Punitive Damages – Awarded where the at fault party acted with the intent to cause harm or reckless indifference for the life and health of injured victims.
Cases We Handel: There are various school related injuries cases our law firm takes on including
• Bullying claimes – including cyber bullying and assautl and battery
• Teacher Student Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Harassment
• School Bus Accidents
• Acts of physical violence
• Injuries during Sporting Activities and Physical Education Classes
• Premises Liability Cases – Including Slip and Fall Accidents, defective stairways and doors.
• Toxic exposure to chemical agents on school property
• Food Poisoning and the Contraction of viral and bacterial agents including MRSA, Salmonella and E. Coli.
• Wrongful Death – Student Fatalities in Schools
Supervision Requirements for Special Need Students:
Under the Americans With Disabilities Act children with disabilities between the ages of “five and eighteen whose disability adversely affects their performance are entitled to special education and related services”. related services can include providing proper supervision to protect against accidents and serious injuries.
Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit – Statute of Limitations:
In the state of California civil lawsuit must be filed within the time period designated by law. Failure to do so can extinguish a victims right to compensation under the law. Claims against non public schools must be filed two years from the date of the accident. Claims against public schools must be filled within 180 days (six months) from the date of the accident. Minors under the age of 18 may have two years from the date of their 18th birthday to file a claim in the court of law.
Legal Assistance for Injured Victims: Our law firm is proud to provide legal representation for victims who have suffered serious injuries in school due to the negligent or wrongful acts of school administrators, security, and teachers. To speak with one of our school injury attorneys contact our law offices toll free (800)790-5422