Most Common Car Accident Injuries
The following is a list of the most common injuries drivers and passengers experience after a car accident. Although not exhaustive, the list covers the majority of types of injuries.
1. Back Injuries: Back injuries are the most common type of harm to motorists and passengers following a traffic collision. The most common type of back injury is a herniated disc also referred to a bulging or slipped disc. MRI, cat scan and ex-ray may need to be taken following an auto accident in order to determine the extent of a victims of back injury.
2. Whiplash and Other Neck Injuries: Neck pain following an auto accident can be a manifestation of severe neck injuries including whiplash. Common signs of whiplash include, general neck and back pain, nausea and dizziness, aching in the arms and shoulders, unable to eat or chew food properly , and stiffening of the neck.
3. Spinal Cord Damages and Nerve Damage: Every year thousands of individuals suffer from some type of spinal cord injury. Common types of spinal cord injury include, paralysis, paraplegia, spinal contusions, partial paralysis and pinched spinal nerve. The most severe diagnosis of spinal cord injuries likely require permanent nursing, home, medical, transportation, and rehabilitation care which can cost hundreds of thousands or even up to millions of dollars.
4. Traumatic Brain Injury: There are several degrees of brain injury which can take place as a result of auto accidents including minor to severe concussions, post traumatic impacts headache disorders, post traumatic amnesia or memory loss, mild traumatic brain injury, severe cases of traumatic brain damages. All too often victims of brain injuries are unable to perform daily functions including work requiring restitution for loss of future income capacity.
5. Facial Injuries: These can include minor damage such and cuts and bruising to more serious facial injuries including deep lacerations resulting in permanent scarring, broken nose, broken teeth, and ocular damage.
Victims of Auto Accidents and Compensation for Their Injuries:
Victims of personal injury including auto accidents are entitled to full restitution for all damages sustained. A list of compensable damages in auto accident injury lawsuits is provided below..
• All health care and medical expenses including prescription drug medication and emergency room visit costs.
• All future medical and rehabilitation costs in the future.
• Pain and suffering and emotional trauma
• Property damage to the vehicle and other items
• Loss of wages and loss of earning capacity in the future.
Legal Assistance: If you have sustained injuries in an auto accident and have any further questions feel free to contact our law offices tool free. All legal consultations are confidential and free of charge.