E-Cigarette Explosion – Value of Average Case Settlement
Our office is providing legal representation on behalf of individuals who have suffered injuries due explosions and fires caused by defective Electronic Cigarettes and Vapes (vaporizers). E-cig manufactures have advertised their products as being a safer alternative to smoking traditional tobacco based cigarettes. However electronic nicotine products have been found to pose serious risks to users including explosions and burn injuries.
One of the most common questions concerns the amount of financial compensation they will receive following a settlement of their cases. A personal injury cases are like snowflakes; they are unique on to their own comprising of a set of factors which are rarely duplicated. However; there are certain factors which can play a significant role in determining the overall potential value of a case.
How Much is an E-Cigarette Injury Case Worth
Some of the most important factors in determining the average value of an Electronic Cigarette defect case is provided for below. If you have any further legal questions after reading this article please feel free to contact our offices.
- The extent, severity and magnitude of your injuries: including medical, hospitalization and treatment costs associated with your injuries. Requirement for home care and future life care will play an integral part in determining the extent of the damage a victim has sustained.
- Economic Damages: Victims of harm due to a defective product are entitled to compensation for all economic damages. Economic damages can include loss of income and future loss of earned wages due to long term injury or permanent disability. Loss of future earning is calculated using many factors include a comprehensive analysis of your injuries; their impact on your ability to achieve your future earning goals and a calculation of what your future earnings would have been if the injuries had not taken place.
- Non-Economic Damages: Victims of injuries are entitled to recovery for the mental anguish and physical pain they experienced. Jurisdictions across the United States will differ in how they calculate pain and suffering. Some jurisdictions utilize a per-diem system in which a dollar amount is calculated for each day an individual victim has suffered.
- The Availability for Punitive Damage Recovery: Courts may find it suitable to grant a victim punitive damages over the existing recovery achieved. Punitive damages serve the purpose of punishing the defendant in order to prevent future similar actions which can continue to pose a hazard to consumers. Such actions where punitive damages can be attributed include reckless endangerment of consumers. F
- The Law firm and attorney that is representing you: Perhaps the most significant factor in determining the potential value of your case settlement is the role played by the attorney or law firm that is providing you with legal representation. A law firm experience in defective product litigation will likely increase the potential value of your claim.
Free Legal Consultation & Second Opinion: Our law firm provides free legal consultations and case reviews for any client with injuries associated with a defective product. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.