Driver Rights – Uber Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawsuit Info
Every day hundreds of Uber, Lyft and other rideshare drivers are involved on auto collisions. Such accidents often result in severe harm to drivers and passengers of rideshares alike. One of the most important questions asked my drivers is which policy applies and what the insurance policy limits are. Below is important information about a rideshare drivers insurance policy limits and the rights an individual driver has if injured during his or her job.
Insurance For California Rideshare Drivers:
- Off-line: When a rideshare driver is offline his or her usual auto insurance coverage applies.
- When App Is Open and Available: When a rideshare driver is made available, if he turn on the app then a 50/100K policy on personal injury, 30k in property damage and a $200,000.00 excess coverage.
- Trip Accepted: When a trip has been accepted by a driver and is on rout to the pick up the policy in place will be a $1,000,000 dollar liability coverage, $1,000,000 Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage along with a comprehensive collision coverage with a $1,000.00 deductible.
- On Trip: When the passenger has been picked up and is on rout policy in place will be a $1,000,000 dollar liability coverage, $1,000,000 Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage along with a comprehensive collision coverage with a $1,000.00 deductible.
Steps Drivers Should Take Following a Collision Incident:
- Contact law enforcement and have them file an incident report. Make sure the police office takes down your versions of the incident. A police report vindicating what took place in the accident can play a significant role in any future personal injury case.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Have paramedics transport you to the nearest Emergency Room or Urgent Care center. Seeking medical attention immediately following the accident is an important factor in determining the overall viability of your case.
- Obtain information of all witnesses: Witness information can be used to determine liability of an auto accident.
- Acquire the information of any witnesses including information of any passengers who were in your vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Report the claim to the Rideshare company you are using at the time of the accident.
- Do not speak to any insurance adjusters regarding the accident. Any comments made to the can and will be used to extinguish or eliminate any chances you have of recovery.
Compensation You Are Entitled to As an Uber Driver: Persons who have suffered harm while driving for rideshare companies are entitled to compensation for all damages suffered. This can include lost wages, future loss of income, all medical and health related expenses, future medical care, pain and suffering, and mental anguish.
Attorney Consultation Available FREE of Charge: If you or a loved one suffered injuries while an Uber or Lyft drive feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations regarding your case are provided for by our attorneys 100% FREE of Charge and we are available 24/7.