CRPS Caused by Slip Trip and Falls – Premises Liability Lawsuit
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a severe chronic pain and inflammation of the tissue developed following some form of trauma to the affected region of the body. Usually the pain starts on one of the limbs of the body; but in some cases the pain can emanate from the spine, pelvic region and or the abdomen.
Slip and Fall Accidents and trip and fall accidents are one of the leading causes of CRPS in the United States. Below you will find important information regarding CRPS diagnosis following a slip and fall accident and how to establish liability in such cases. If you have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a claim for compensation for the development of CRPS following a premises liability claim please feel free to contact our law offices. All consultations are provided by our attorneys free of charge.
What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome?
Over the past century there have been several clinical criteria established by differing medical associations for the proper diagnosis of CRPS. Once such criteria, developed by the International Association for the Study of Pain is provided for below,
- Continued pain which is disproportionate to any inciting event
- The patient must have reported symptom in three of the following four
- Decreased range of motion and or motor dysfunction
- Edema – sweating on changed in sweating in the region of the body
- Temperature differences between the affected region and the rest of the body
- Reports of hyperplasia
Other symptoms may include, muscle spasms, tremors, severe pain when touched, sensation of things crawling on the body part, skin lesions, and distorted nail growth.
Premises Liability – Winning Your Case in the Court of Law
There are four essential elements which need to be proven in order to win a premises liability claim in the court of law.
- Duty: Does the property owner owe a duty to the individual that was injured.
- Breach: Did the property owners actions or inactions result in a breach of the duty owed to the injured victim.
- Causation: Was the injury the result of the breach of the duty of care of the property owner.
- Damages: Did the victim suffer discernible and diagnosable harm due to the accident.
Recovery Available for Victims of CRPS
CRPS is a live long medical condition often resulting in unrelenting pain and discomfort. Victims are entitled to compensation for not only their current losses but any future cost of treatment and well as future pain and suffering they have to endure. The potential case value is dependent on several significant factors presented here…
- The severity of your CRPS – clinical diagnosis of type of or type two.
- Current and future medical treatment associated with your CRPS
- Your financial losses – including current loss of income and future earning potential
- Level of physical pain and mental suffering caused by the injury or harm
Attorney Consultation Available Free of Charge: If you have any further legal questions regarding CRPS injuries sustained due to a slip and fall, trip and fall or any other type of premises liability claim contact our law offices. All legal consultations and case review are provided by our attorneys free of charge.